Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our Easter Weekend

Even though the weekend isn't over, it has been a great one so far.

Saturday was a wonderful day hanging out at the house, doing whatever we wanted, when we wanted. No plans, nowhere to be. Awesome. Haven't had one of those days in a long time so it was perfect. I even managed to stay awake during John's nap time and get stuff done for my craft show. (I posted about it at www.lilmoptop.blogspot.com)

So, what exactly did we do?

We tried to make Easter bread, but it didn't rise correctly. Well, I don't think it rose at all. We baked it anyways and it tasted pretty nasty. I couldn't even eat it, which says alot since I LOVE Easter bread! John was a great helper in the kitchen! (Yes, I was still in my pj's and my hair was all a mess. Another sign of a wonderful day!)









We cleaned out the garage! Well, I cleaned out my car whlie Brad cleaned out the garage. John just walked around and kept himself entertained. He did find the John Deere tractor and his boots and played with both. So cute! (Since our driveway backs into the alley, we put up some plastic fencing we had so that John couldn't run into the alley. It actually worked perfectly since John didn't try to knock down the fence and we could just roll it up when we went back inside! Who cares if it looks trashy in the meantime?)





Sunday was Easter so we cooked up a big breakfast which was super yummy. And yes, John is wearing Christmas pj's. Get over it.






Then we checked out what the Easter Bunny left John- ears and bubbles. Fun! Do you think John liked the ears?



The Easter Bunny also hid some eggs outside for John and as soon as he walked outside, he knew exactly what to do. He got almost all the eggs before he decided he would rather just dump out his basket and play with the eggs.





We topped off the morning with some bubble action. The bubbles John got were HUGE and so fun! However, I think bubbles work best when you don't put your whole face through the wand. Just my opinion though.




So, now John is taking a nap and I think I will take a short nap before getting ready to head to mom and dad's for John's FOURTH egg hunt and some yummy food!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! My grandpa fixed me up a little JD tractor like that one when I was really little, and my kiddos love to ride it when they go to visit my parents' house each summer!

    So glad you enjoyed my baby food post. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete