Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Update...and Monday :)

So John has done it again and met new milestones!!! But let's not get ahead of ourselves and start with Saturday...

Saturday we went to a mom's group Family BBQ. We had so much fun with the other families (about 9 all together). We went to a neighborhood pool and then cooked out at Carrie's house while the babies played on the floor. They were all so cute together! John is younger than most babies, but I think is advanced! hehe. I mean, there was only one baby there that was crawling so John will be schooling them tomorrow at our weekly playgroup! Well, if you can crawl in the pool, then he will be schoolin' it up!





Sunday we headed out to Em and Jeremy's summer BBQ, which again was super fun! Up until Sunday, Sweet Baby John has been on the verge of crawling. He gets on all fours, bounces around, and even would move his legs and arms randomly. Then on Sunday at Em's BBQ, he just decided he was ready and crawled across the floor with pretty good coordination! I was so excited! Ever since then he has been a crawlin' fool and I can't leave him alone for a second. He loves to try to crawl to Gracie, but right now she is MUCH faster than him and gets away easily (which is amazing considering she is about 50 pounds overweight). Yesterday when Brad came home, John starting laughing and crawling right over to him as fast as he could. How cute is that?!

At the same time that John 'mastered' crawling at Em's, he also went from a crawling position to a seated position. Not sure if that was on purpose because he hasn't done that again, but I was impressed. Maybe we need to go to Em's more often and John will learn to walk in no time!



John got tuckered out at the pool and fell asleep as soon as I put him down.






The summer has been nice so far...well it has only been two days! :) John is too cute and I am glad I am home to see him because he is certainly different during the day compared to at night when I see him when I am teaching. He smiles and laughs all the time and is so interested in everything around him. Monday he was slightly cranky so I took him for a walk in his new stroller. Note the before and after picture. Too precious! Tomorrow we are going to the library for story time in Frisco which should be fun. Then we will head to the playgroup so he will have a full day! Thursday and Friday will be spent making Brad his Father's Day gifts...not sure what they are going to be yet so I had better start getting that together! Any ideas???





Also, here is a sneak peak at what I am making for Laura's daughter's 1st birthday next month. I think it will turn out super cute. So...question...should I put her name on it or leave it plain?


4 comments:

  1. yea for John being so advanced and mobile. :) Maybe Bella should start hanging out with him more at Auntie Em's and his "skills" will rub off on her. Love the blanket for Laura's baby ... and I also love anything personalized. What about her monogram instead of just her name??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics!! I need to figure out what to get dad, not brad! I thought you already have an idea for him?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like an air conditioner that works correctly...nothing more, nothing less. Besides that, a day with my wife and my boy will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love Brad's comment! I think you should go with the monogram like Allison said. Way to go John!! I can't believe he is crawling!! We are coming up to DFW next weekend and staying through July 5th. I would love to see you!!

    Love,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete