Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just a little applique-ing on a Saturday night!

Tonight I made my first attempt at appliqueing (is that a word?!) a shirt for John. I got a super cheap onesie at Carter's today (20% off the clearance price!!) and did a little modifications with an old Wakeland shirt I had. I loved this shirt but unfortunately it got stained around the collar somehow...and I am WAY to plump to fit into it now. Anyways, I love the 'jagged' look of each piece that I added- makes it look like a worn in patch. You can't tell from the pictures, but the appliques are a little frayed around the edges. But I don't like how the 'wake' and the 'land' don't line up quite right so it looks like an uneven box. Oh well. I am sure John won't care when he wears it at Wakeland games this year! Here are the before and after pictures. Notice I even removed the pocket!! Watch out - I am getting fancy here people!!! And please be don't be jealous of my exciting Saturday night adventures. (We are in the middle of a fabulous Family Weekend and I will post about that after tomorrow's outings!)




1 comment:

  1. Here's an obvious statement: parents love their children. Ask any parent and they will tell you their child is unique, special, beautiful, amazing, and so on. A mother's face lights up at the chance to gloat about her baby, and nothing makes a father happier than sharing his child's achievements. A great way for parents to show their pride is to create custom apparel for their infants, toddlers and young children. Nobody knows their baby like they do, so instead of buying another plain one-piece from the department store, why not create a custom outfit that shows off babies' individuality. For you and all www.crazyonesie.com.au is coming to serve you.

    ReplyDelete